Imagine boats of all kinds competing on Three ocean race courses. This annual race boasts fun for all participants, an all-inclusive philosophy and for the competitive breed – expert talent. The Border Run 2012 has many exciting elements for sailors of all levels:
1) A New Race Date. Saturday, March 10th, 2012, six weeks before the N2E race. It also means the chance for MORE WIND!
2) A FULL MOON for the short and long courses to help guide you to the finish!
3) The 2012 Border Run will be one of the FIRST Major Ocean Races of the 2012 season.
4) The 2012 Border Run is now a Feeder Race to the NOOD Regatta at SDYC the following weekend. 5) For larger boats the 2012 Border Run is a great Tune-up Race for the Cabo Racescheduled at the end of the month.
6) Dana Point Yacht Club is onboard to finish the 14-mile ‘Sprint’ course to Dana Point designed for all types of boats including dinghy’s, sailboards, kiteboards, kayaks and even paddleboards.
7) The Trophy party will be at Silver Gate Yacht Club and catered by Fiddlers Green, the sailors choice for great food.
8) The Border Run is part of the 2012 Ullman Sails Offshore Championship Series.
9) Most important, XS Racing is raising money for THREE charities. The three charities are: 1) C2S (City2Sea) helps preserve the future of our oceans that we all sail on, 2) C2S helps promote the sport of sailing to a local new generation of sailors and 3) LLS (Leukemia Lymphoma Society) helps fight blood cancers including skin cancer.
With the goal of raising OVER $50,000, Border Run sailors can earn prizes to offset their racing expenses by helping to raise money for these worthy charities. Last year 42 Border Run Teams raised $50,800 for LLS…this year we hope sailors will take the challenge to break that record!!! Check it out on our ‘EARN FREE STUFF’ page above. The 2012 Border Run Team consisting of XS Racing of Huntington Beach, South Shore Yacht Club of Newport Beach (the Organizing Authority), Dana Point Yacht Club of Dana Point are all committed to make The Border Run the most important and exciting event any sailor could ever sail. We invite you to navigate through our site. We hope you will come and join the fun!