Sailing Charter: Frequently Asked Questions
- How Do I Charter a Catamaran...?
Pretty simply, actually! Call us at: 619.365.4326
Let us know:
1) What boat you would like to reserve for your sailing charter.
2) If this will be a SKIPPERED or BAREBOAT sailing charter
—–or if you’re planning a particular day sail / tour, let us know at this time.
What is the date(s) of the sailing charter.
That’s it! It’s that simple. You can also make a charter request from the Captained or Bareboat Charter pages on the site.
If this is a bareboat sailing charter, please be ready to give them your ASA number (if applicable) and be prepared to send, via an email, your sailing resume.
- Where Are You Located?
Only 10 minutes from downtown San Diego, and just 5 minutes from the airportCharter/School Office:
Sunroad Marina 955 Harbor Island Dr. Suite 180 San Diego, CA 92101
You can always call us at: 619.365.4326
- What Should I Wear on a Sailing Charter?
So that you will have a most enjoyable cruise, keep these things in mind:
Weather and sailing conditions can vary substantially from hour to hour – therefore, it is very important to be prepared! Bring clothing that can be put on in layers. (And bring plenty of them!) Make sure that you have a good waterproof coat or other protective gear. Since we will be sailing, we do occasionally take a little spray over the bow! A light windbreaker to warmer jacket will cover just about everything. But it can get hot as well. Light t-shirts and shorts will do just fine, but bring your sunscreen.
Sunscreen, sunglasses (with retainer cords), and possibly a hat are highly recommended at all times during daylight hours. Footwear should be comfortable, with light colored, non-marking soles. If the weather is a little overcast in the morning on the day you plan to sail with us, don’t worry! The weather tends to clear up in the late morning or early afternoon for a gorgeous day of sailing!
- What is the Deposit/Cancellation Policy?
All charter payments are assessed a 9% Marina and San Diego Port Fee.
All charters can be rescheduled up to 14 days before charter reservation date.
All charters cancelled within 14 days of scheduled charter reservation date are non-refundable but can be rescheduled, for full credit up to one year after original charter reservation date.
All charters cancelled before 14 days of reservation date will be assessed a 15% cancellation fee of the full charter amount minus Port and Marina Fees.
- What About Insurance?All boats carry deductible hull insurance. In the event of damage or loss of equipment, the charterer will be liable for the full deductible amount of $500 or 1% of the value of the boat; whichever is greater. If repairs/replacements do not exceed the deductible amount, a refund will be made.
- Is There a Way for Me to Get Out on a Catamaran Without Booking a Charter?Sure thing! We periodically do an “Intro to Catamaran Sailing” as an informal way for a group of people to get out and see what all the fuss is about. Simple snacks, a couple beverages, the sun, breeze, all in San Diego. Great way to start.